Frequently Asked Questions

What can I put in the skip bin?

Skip bins are great for General Household and Garage clean ups, General Garden clean ups, Moving house, Building renovation and Landscaping waste, Office waste.

Materials we DON’T accept are food scraps, liquid waste, dangerous chemicals, acids and poisons, needles and syringes, Gas bottles, Explosives and any other environmentally unfriendly substances or objects likely to cause harm or damage. To dispose of these materials you need to contact your local council.

What size skip bin do I need?

Our aim is to supply you with a skip bin size that suits your needs. Our skip bins range in size from 2m³ to 12m³. Some bins from 3m³ and above have a door/tail gate for easier loading. Please see Bin Sizes to see dimensions.

What’s included in the price of a skip bin?

When you call, one of our staff members will ask you what size bin you require, what type of material is going into it and how long you require it. With this information you will be quoted a competitive price. Included in this price is delivery, pick up, GST and all associated tip fees.

How much can I put in my skip bin?

You will notice that our skip bins are labeled around the top “Do not fill above rim”. For safety and legal reasons, skip bins should not be filled any higher than the rim and should be loaded carefully in order to avoid any spillage during transit. In the event that a driver arrives to collect your bin and it has been overfilled, we reserve the right to remove some of the contents and/or charge an extra amount for the excess.

How much weight can I put in the skip bin?

The maximum load for skip bins are 1 tonne per cubic metre. This is the safe lifting limit. Max skip size of 6m3 for skips being filled with solid fill (i.e dirt, bricks, concrete, pavers etc) Skip Bins greater than 6m³ are not permitted to be filled with any solid fill.

What happens if I overload the skip bin?

Where possible the driver will try to take the skip, once the overloaded item / items are removed from the top of the bin, the overloaded item(s) where possible will be left in a neat pile near the site of the bin

What happens if the driver can’t load the skip bin?

We will contact you and advise you that we are unable to remove the skip bin due to the overloading. We will then arrange for you to receive another skip from us to transfer the material into. This skip will be charged at the stated rate.

Do you have any skip bins with doors?

Yes, our bin sizes with doors are 3, 6, 8, 10 and 12 cubic metres.

How much notice do you need if I want to book a bin?

Should you wish to book a bin please give us 1-2 days notice so that we can supply the skip bin size you require. However, during busy periods e.g. weekends, long weekends and holiday periods we recommend you book your skip bin earlier. Please check with us if you need a same day delivery.

How long can I keep the skip bin?

Bin Hire is usually up to 5 days. If you finish with the bin sooner, simply call us and we will collect it. However, if you have not finished with the bin within the five days please contact us ASAP to make alternative arrangements.

Where do you place the skip bin and can I move it?

We will ask your requirements on arrival and place the bin in an appropriate spot for your ease of access that causes less impact on property; driveways etc., and for our ease of removal once filled. Skip Bins must NOT be moved due to OH&S requirements, besides they are pretty heavy.

Do I need Council permission or a permit?

If the skip bin is placed on your property, you do not need permission or a permit. However, if the bin is to be placed on public lands, nature strips or driveway lay backs a permit may be required. Different councils have different regulations.

Can we put the skip bin on the footpath?

Generally, yes, however we cannot block pedestrian access or utility pits. Some Council’s will require a permit which we will arrange for you.

Can we put the bin on the road?

Should you wish to put the skip on the road, it is necessary for the property owner to make application to Council or the RTA.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.